10 June 2011

Bodi is Such a Star

Well, Grackle readers, I've mostly maintained a rather anonymous profile, but here we are on the T.V.!



That's me in all my angular and goofy self. John, of course, is fabulous. And if you don't know much about me, the reason I need an 8-foot bench to nap on is well, because I'm really dang' tall.

No but seriously. We couldn't be proud enough to be featured on the illustrious Central Texas Gardener, which is a program so masterfully produced by the folks at KLRU, including Tom Spencer and Linda Lehmusvirta and her crew. How did we come so far, just designing and building our little personal garden oasis? Crazy. It's really nice to be recognized for the effort, especially amongst the company of so many amazing garden spaces around the area crafted by equally talented gardeners.

Linda is such a pleasure to know, and I highly recommend you visit her blog to get to know her rabbits, cats and fabulous plants.

Bodi, of course, is the real star (screw the patio!), and he is such a camera hog, I tell ya.

We are also so pleased to have the lovely Austin-based Balmorhea playing gently beneath all of our clap-trap. The song, "We Will Rebuild with Smooth Stones" is so very aptly titled, I must say. If you are in the area, I highly recommend seenig them live and trancing out to their West Texas landscape of sound. If you aren't, feel free to purchase some albums of theirs here.

Oh, and watch the rest of the Central Texas Gardener programming on Saturdays at 11 a.m or right there on the Interwebs!

10 comments:

LindaCTG said...

You guys and Bodi are just too great! You're an inspiration to me and all of CTG's fans. Thank you.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Sat through the clip of your garden twice and really enjoyed it. I zeroed in on quite a few elements and think the limestone is great, the naturalism playing against the simple, elegant lines, and the 4 tall 6x6 posts which accomplished SO MUCH with so little. I love it.

Ok though, WHO, could really sleep on that fabulous bench? Ouch, my aching back.

Wonderful, creative, playful, and inspired.

All joys,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Michael - Plano Prairie Garden said...

I catch CTG on the web every week and I have followed your blog for the last couple of years. It was great to finally “meet” the guys behind the garden and the blog. The garden looks great. I need to tone down my plant collector tendencies and take a less cluttered approach like you have done in your garden.

Meredith said...

What a beautiful garden to highlight, with so many inspirational elements -- so glad to have the tour!

Lee said...

Bluestem, How have I not known about your blog and prairie garden in Plano? You are doing fantastic things there, and I just spend a great deal of time rolling through your posts. I love the pocket prairie you're creating and the philosophizing. Right up my alley. Thanks for following the Grackle, and for letting me know about you too.

Anonymous said...

Great show!! I love, love, love your back yard (and front yard too). You did a great job!

Pam/Digging said...

I just watched your show and thought you guys did a terrific job of explaining your garden -- the design elements you've used, the tension you're trying to create between modern and naturalistic, etc. Your garden looks wonderful, very inviting especially with your new additions of lighting and posts.

Nancy said...

I saw you all and before the program identified you (I came in late) I knew it was you because of the gate! I was so excited.....

Your garden is so totally beautiful!

The Curious Holts said...

You guys were wonderful! I loved it. I really can't wait to come over and drink mojitos with you guys. Um, yea, as soon as I'm invited, that is. Give Bodi a scratch cuz he did good too!

Dwight said...

Terrific Job. One can see the hard work you put into making your place reflect your inner selves. Welcome to Texas!